Help us raise $60,000 so Wisconsin's leading immigrant rights organization can continue to organize here in Madison.
The challenge lasts from November 1, 2018 - February 1, 2019.
Last year we raised $62,000 so Voces de la Frontera could hire its first Madison organizer. Our Madison organizer, Diana Perez, has been working tirelessly to organize both the immigrant community and allies to fight deportations and protect undocumented immigrants.
This year we wish to raise the same amount so she can continue her work -- holding Know Your Rights trainings, creating a rapid response network in the event of an immigration raid, and doing educational events to influence policy changes.
How the Challenge Works
1. Set your goal of raising $250, $500, $1,000 or more.
2. Choose how you would like to raise the money. You might wish to:
- Create a Facebook fundraiser
- Ask 20 relatives or friends to give you $50 each
- Host a house party or bowl-a-thon
- Hold a bake sale or set up a hot chocolate stand
- Pass the hat at a community gathering
- Knock on your neighbors’ doors
- Ask your employer or co-workers to match your gift
- Offer your crafts, poetry, or cooking in exchange for donations
3. Encourage your friends and family to donate online or mail a check to Voces de la Frontera, 1027 S. 5th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204.
4. Invite others to take the challenge. Spread the word.
Watch our video about the challenge featuring Karen Menendez Coller of Centro Hispano and Mario Garcia Sierra of Voces de la Frontera.
Visit the website of Voces de la Frontera to learn more about the organization.
Information about taking the challenge (pdf flyer in color)
Information about taking the challenge (pdf flyer in black and white)
If you have questions about the challenge or you would like to do a fundraiser, please contact Jen Rubin at email@example.com.
The Voces Solidarity Challenge is organized by Congregation Shaarei Shamayim.