Help us raise $60,000 so Wisconsin's leading immigrant rights organization can hire an organizer for its Madison chapter.
Watch our video about the challenge featuring Karen Menendez Coller of Centro Hispano and Mario Garcia Sierra of Voces de la Frontera.
The Voces Solidarity Challenge is organized by Congregation Shaarei Shamayim in conjunction with Voces de la Frontera and Centro Hispano and co-sponsored by Madison Urban Ministry and Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice.
As deportations rip apart immigrant families, we all have a responsibility to speak up.
We have a responsibility to support our undocumented neighbors.
We have reached out to Voces de la Frontera to see what we can do.
Their need is clear: In conjunction with Centro Hispano they hope to hire a full-time organizer for their Madison area chapter so they can effectively respond to attacks on immigrant families.
They've requested our support in raising $60,000 to fund this position. Help us respond to their challenge.
We can raise that money.
Join us in taking the Voces Solidarity Challenge.
How the Challenge Works
1. Set your goal of raising $250, $500, $1,000 or more.
2. We encourage you to use our crowd-funding site to create your online page -- just click on "start fundraising" and it will tell you what to do. (However, if you are not raising money from others and just want to make a contribution yourself, make a donation on the Voces de la Frontera website or send a check made out to Voces de la Frontera and send it to Voces Solidarity Challenge, c/o Congregation Shaarei Shamayim, P.O. Box 5081, Madison, WI 53705 in order to avoid extra fees.)
3. If you are collecting checks or cash, please send it to the address above.
4. Start raising money. Here are some suggestions:
- Set an example and make your own generous donation
- Spread the word on Facebook or Twitter
- Host a house party or bowl-a-thon
- Ask 20 relatives or friends to give you $50 each
- Hold a bake sale or set up a hot chocolate stand
- Pass the hat at a community gathering
- Knock on your neighbors’ doors
- Ask your employer or co-workers to match your gift
- Offer your crafts, poetry, or cooking in exchange for donations
5. The most effective way to raise money is to ask for it. If you do an event or you sell something, make sure to also give people the opportunity to make donations either through GiveGab.com or by asking for checks or cash.
6. Don’t be shy. Often, people are eager to learn how they can make a difference.
7. Invite others to take the challenge.
8. Let us know how you’re doing by posting your progress on our Voces Solidarity Challenge Facebook page.
The Voces Solidarity Challenge launches April 1 and ends July 2. While donations to Voces de la Frontera are always appreciated, our challenge lasts only two months.
Checks should be made out to Voces de la Frontera and sent to Voces Solidarity Challenge c/o Congregation Shaarei Shamayim, P.O. Box 5081, Madison, WI 53705.
Setting up your fundraising page is easy. Just click on "start fundraising" and it will tell you what to do!
If you do not wish to set up a fundraising page you can simply donate online at the Voces de la Frontera website. Click the Donate button.
Why we are fundraising (PDF)
Need help? Want to learn more?
If you have general questions about the challenge, or need help setting up a fundraising page, contact Joy at 608.257.2944 or email@example.com.
To learn more about Voces de la Frontera visit their website.